Agent Academy: Is Training A Waste?
Is all the training you are delivering and or attending just a waste of time?
Focusing on and having great pride in your training you deliver or attend is NOT the solution.
Training does NOT = Productivity…
It’s just INFORMATION…
Here are the 5 simple steps/framework for productivity as a RESULT of the Information (Training) you are delivering or consuming.
1. The training which is just expected but…that’s where it typically ends.
2. Action: You can’t make someone productive and no one can make you productive. It’s a choice. The critical piece is, who is going to be the person to “facilitate” the condition to choose action.
There must be a specific, measurable and actionable declaration of commitment with a deadline.
3. Inspection: You can’t manage or change what you don’t measure. Simple as that.
The measurement allows us to discover discover a skill -building opportunity.
Here’s what typically happens:
A. Accountability takes place and it’s done WRONG. It’s a science and an art.
B. The accountability never takes place.
4. Skill – Building : Now that we have a body of work from the Training/Information, we can look at the data and determine where there is one or two things
A. Lack of activity
B. A specific skill that must be focused on.
5. Recommit: Armed with data and enhancement of skills from the discovery of the “Productivity Process”, we can move forward with new declarations/commitments.
We all want to be paid like pro athletes.
They are held highly accountable.
They watch game film.
They recognize the specific skill they must improve.
They play the next game and the expectation is higher level performance.
Leave a Reply